|March 26, 2019|
|April 23, 2019|
|May 23, 2019|
This 1 day course is perfect for those with limited map and compass skills, wanting to gain the fundamental skills and techniques to give more confidence on the hills, using map and compass.
During the day, the following skills will be covered:
- Identifying & interpreting map features (scales, signs and symbols)
- Use a range of maps (1:25,000 & 1:50,000 OS)
- Setting the map using a compass & land features
- Use of the grid system, and grid references
- Planning a route
- Undertaking a planned route (roughly 10 km)
- Use of pacing, handrails and timing
- Introduction and use of taking a bearing on your compass
We provide maps and compasses.
Course location: Porlock, West Somerset
We can offer this as a bespoke course for individuals, couples or groups. Please get in touch for more information.
Multiple booking discounts available.