|June 30, 2017|
Do you want to learn how to paddle your kayak efficiently, know what to wear and carry, know how to perform rescues, and tow another craft?
This is the course for you!
This course is aimed at beginner and intermediate recreational kayakers, wanting to know the basics, before heading out on the water.
- Different kayak designs (sit-on-top v’s closed cockpit)
- Clothing & PPE (personal protective equipment)
- What to carry
- Fundamental skills (forward, reverse, stopping, turning, moving the boat sideways)
- Journeying on flat water
- Towing systems & strategies
- Self and peer rescue in deep water
- Planning a trip
10% of all course bookings will be donated to the Minehead RNLI.
For more information about safety when kayaking, please visit the Fatyak website – www.fatyak-kayaks.co.uk
Course location: Porlock Weir, Exmoor
Course cost: £60pp
Course timings: 10am – 4pm
All equipment provided!