|June 28, 2017|
Join us on this 1 day course to learn the basics of cycle maintenance.
Learn how to identify problems, maintain your bike, and save yourself money, by doing things yourself!
The course will be based at an indoor venue in Porlock, West Somerset.
We’ll provide tea and coffee, a warm learning environment, bike stands, and fantastic tutoring from our Cytech & Park Tool qualified cycle mechanic.
- Bicycle set up – Handlebar positioning, seat height and position, brake lever positioning etc
- Tools – The uses of.
- Identifying faults – M check
- Tyres – Choice, removal and fitting, puncture repairs and tyre pressures.
- Headsets – Adjustment and caring for.
- Gears – Replacing cables and gear adjustment.
- Chains – Caring for, replacement, splitting a chain.
- Brakes – A discussion about the types of brakes, and what to look out for when replacing brake pads/blocks.
- Bicycle care – Cleaning and lubrication.
- Q & A session.
Candidates can, for an additional fee and if a suitable standard has been reached, obtain a MIAS Level 2 Cycle Maintenance Award. Please contact for details.
Maximum ratio: 1:6
For more details, or to book your place, please contact us:
t: 07976 208279